Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Friday, April 30, 2010- Matthew's Graduation Day


I know I'm really behind, but I think I'm ready to get back into blogging and catch everyone up on all the big events that have happened the past few months. The biggest and best news of all is Matthew is done with his Bachelors of Science in Computer Science. Hooray [I'm Jumping up and down]!!! :D I couldn't be more pleased with him and all of the amazing things he has accomplished. 

This day couldn't have been more perfect. We seemed to have spent weeks and months planning for the big graduation day and it all happened so quickly. I kept telling myself, throughout the, to live in the moment and soak it all in. I didn't want to forget anything about this moment, these feelings, etc. My only regret is that I did not get enough pictures, but I will cherish the ones I have for a lifetime!
Friday morning we had the privilege of going to a President's breakfast where they honored the Valedictorians of each college. Matthew's parents were able to join us as guests and we had such a lovely time. The weather was a little gloomy, but I think I wore enough sunshine for everyone!



 Matthew and I at the President's Breakfast
 

Picture with Matthew's wonderful parents
 

Proud wifey!!! :D



After breakfast, we attended commencement, where Matthew sat on the podium and was recognized by the President of UVU, Matthew Holland. I met his wife at breakfast and she is just the most lovely, beautiful woman. President Holland spoke and used the text from Dr. Seuss' "Oh The Places You'll Go", definitely a favorite book of mine. They also had Larry Echohawk, head of the U.S. Indian Affairs speak to us. Matthew's dad played football with Larry at BYU, so we met him before commencement during the Presidential Breakfast.

Immediately following commencement, we had the convocation for The College of Technology and Computing. Matthew sat on the podium and gave a wonderful speech. We have it on video, but it's in the wrong format and Matthew requested I not put it on the blog, but it was amazing. I received a little shout out; it made my heart flutter and it brought tears to my eyes.


 cute hubby on the podium
  

 I love this look, melts my heart!

Giving his speech
 

 Receiving his diploma
 

 Picture we got with the family that was able to attend-THANK YOU!!!!
 


After all the ceremonies, we dashed off to pick-up our packets for the Provo City Half Marathon and then we went to Matthew's Celebration with family and friends. We had such a wonderful time and truly appreciate all the love, support, and prayers we've received on our behalf over the last several weeks, months, and years. We've started to look for jobs and we feel so blessed to know that the right one is out there for us!

Thank you to all of you!!! We love you more than you could ever know!!!

5 comments:

jack+alli said...

how awesome! what an amazing accomplishment!!!!
ps: you are the cutest!

Jordan McCollum said...

Woot!

President Holland's wife, Paige, was my Mia Maid Advisor. She's really that awesome all the time!

Julia said...

Congrats Matt! Way to go.

Erin said...

Congratulations you two! What a relief to be done! I can't wait when its our turn! :)

Pitterle Postings said...

Love you, love you, love you! So happy that we could be there to celebrate that wonderful, joyous occasion! You two are amazing!