Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hiadus

I've been on hiadus for several months...

I quit my job in August and moved to Kansas. I decided I needed a break, so I took one. Hubby was very understanding. He let me take all the time I needed. After taking four months off of work, I decided to start looking for a job. I applied to dozens of places it seemed like in early December. I was having a difficult time getting any hits. One day, I heard from two different temp agencies. I had interviews with both. The first ended up being a little scary and a waste of time; it almost seemed like a scam. I didn't feel good about the company and I was really starting to miss my old job in Utah. 

I went to my interview with the second temp agency and they were phenomenal!! They had me taking placement tests before I left and they found work for me within a few days. I started doing some temp work for a cable company. It's mostly clerical, boring work. Lots of filing, some data entry stuff. I check and sort the mail every day and breakdown checks and get them sent out once a week. I work anywhere from 20-40 hours a week depending on what projects they give me. It's kept me busy and it's helped me interact with humans again which is always nice. I find myself exhausted at the end of the day and some days I wonder why I'm even working.

I interviewed for another job through this temp agency. The interview went really well. I liked them and they liked me. They offered me the job...and then they rescinded. I was a mess. It was everything I was hoping for and it didn't work out, or so I thought until I remembered something that had happened earlier that month... 



So, while I was bummed at first, I can't think of a better job in this world then being a mom!

We are so excited for this new adventure!!!  :D

19 comments:

jack+alli said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What great news! You are going to be such a wonderful mama! It is so much fun :)
You look beautiful, by the way! (i LOVE that cardigan!!!)

Lara said...

YAY!!! CONGRATS! I am SO happy for you Emily! That is wonderful news!

Lindsey said...

i know i have already said it, but yay! yay! congrats! i am so happy for you guys! you are going to love being a mom and you are going to be so great at it too! your little pregnant belly is so cute, you look great! i can't wait to see more pics of the growing belly!

Laura Hall said...

Oh my goondess!! I am so happy for you both! THis is just such great news. You will be a wonderful mother, it is the most amazing thing you will ever experience. I am seriously so excited!

Nakita Ellis said...

Congrats!! You'll be the best mama; I know how much the babies LOVE you!

Adria said...

Woot Woot! Oh Em!!! I am SO so excited for you sweetie!! You are going to be such an amazing mother...I've seen you handle a few babies here and there over the last 10 years ha! I am so happy for you and I miss you so much! You look beautiful....your new belly and your new teeth:) Love you!

Bethany said...

you are GLOWING!!!! i love that little peanut so much!

Birdie said...

sooooo exciting!!! :) Can't wait can't wait can't wait!!!! MISS YOU WOMAN!!!

Garn said...

CONGRATS!! That is awesome.

Garn
awalkwithourangel.blogspot.com

Nicki said...

Yay!!! So excited for your little bun in the oven! You are gonna be such a great mommy!

Jordan McCollum said...

Congratulations!!

sNick said...

Emily, you're alive! I was just thinking about you and thinking that I needed to send you an email. I hope this counts for now ;) CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy for you both. How's Matthew's job going? I got a Garmin for Christmas - I love it!

Pitterle Postings said...

Nemmy, Just wanted you to know how very excited we are for you and Matthew, (and for us too, of course!). We can't wait to see you again and especially to see your new addition. You are amazing! I love you so much!

Mars said...

NO WAY! Congrats!

Brooke said...

EM!! This is such exciting news! Big huge congrats! You will be an amazing momma and love being a mom as well I am sure of it! So excited for you!

Lechelle said...

Congrats!

Why haven't we gotten together yet?

Eaton Family said...

Hurray! Being a mom IS the BEST job ever! You will love that job more than any other! I am due a few weeks after you!

KTandTY said...

Emily,
You look gorgeous!!

Corine Moore said...

Congratulatins! :D

I don't know you...but I found you called Patty "mom" and just have to tell you - I LOVE YOUR MOM! :D You are a blessd daughter, and your baby will have a loving, kind grandma! ;) So tripple congratulations!
Corine :D