Friday, June 27, 2008

Just my luck...

So, I have bi-monthly performance reviews with my manager. I had one on Monday morning. I walked in and sat down, about 5 minutes into the meeting he notices the road rash on my arm and says, "Okay, I just saw your arm, what happened?"

I begin to tell him the awesome Vespa accident that happened on Saturday and also the incident with my thumb and the sander at the Happy Factory on Thursday. I finish both stories and he says, "You know, bad things happen in threes, right?"

I thought to myself...."I canNOT believe you just said that out loud". Sure I had been thinking it, but to say it out loud!?!?!?! Unbelievable!

About four hours later, I went to lunch with a friend from work. We were driving on a major road when we stopped at a red light......the guy behind us wasn't paying attention and he didn't stop! We got REAR ENDED!!!!!

My friend that was driving suffered from a concussion (luckily she went straight to the doctor after the accident). I'm a little sore, but doing okay! I came back to work and told my boss that it was all his fault...

I sure hope I'm done with bad luck for a while. I don't think I've ever been this accident prone. Sheesh!

3 comments:

beloved30 said...

Wow, you're having a great month aren't you? Stay safe now k? love you!

Nicki said...

Are you kidding me?! I'm so sorry! I'm wondering who you were with that got a concussion? At least you don't have to worry about anything else happening!

Adria said...

Oh my gosh Em!!! That is just too weird, I hope you are done with the streak as well!