Monday, September 10, 2007

Happy Birthday...to ME!!!!

My day started off like any other day...I went to work and started catching up on work from the day before. Around 9:00am I received a call from the receptionist telling me that I had something at the front desk, I needed to come down as soon as possible to pick it up and then she said, "and it looks like it's your birthday!" After I hung up the phone I started picturing this HUGE arrangement of balloons, who else would she know it was my birthday. I was thinking to myself that I wanted to kill my husband for embarrassing me and making it look like I was still in high school.

I took the long walk down to building H to pick up my "something". To my surprise it was NOT a huge bouquet of balloons, but a beautiful bouquet of flowers with just three balloons attached, one that said Happy Birthday on it and a sweet note attached from my honey!

The rest of the day was just perfect. I went to lunch at California Pizza Kitchen with some girls from work and then doddled the rest of the day until five o'clock rolled around. When I walked in the door, husband was playing the Happy Birthday song from Emperor's New Groove, he had my cake and presents on the table!!!!
I LOVE my cake!!! I want to say that it's the first time I can remember when I've had my name on my birthday cake. It was white cake with Bavarian Cream filling and Butter Cream frosting...I LOVED it!!!!

We left almost immediately after walking in the door to a BBQ with my Best Friend, Lindsey from College (her and I share the same birthday). We had watermelon, and shish kabob skewers. It was so delicious!!!!!
Lindsey and I sharing our Birthday together!
Our Best Friends from College: Lindsey, Kara, Me, Jessica
Me and my honey on my Birthday!
After a little time at the BBQ, we headed up to the hospital to meet our new nephew. He is so tiny and beautiful...I still can't believe they had a little boy (both Nate and Jill thought they would have another girl). We spent about an hour at the Hospital and then headed home for presents and cake & ice cream (my favorite part of birthdays).

Some presents I received: 4 shirts, Settlers of Zarahemla, a cute RED purse, camping gear...including a tent, sleeping bags, and camping utensils, and of course my flowers and yummy cake!!!!

My birthday was so wonderful!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!! :)

5 comments:

Becky said...

YAY! Happy Birthday! How fun. What a great day to get fun presents and a cute cake and see your new nephew! Hope it was a great one!

Leezy Lindsey said...

Happy late Birthday Emily!

I checked out your card website and I love what you have done! Would you do my announcements when baby #2 comes?

P.S. Sadie LOVES you!

Mars said...

Happy Late Birthday! Sounds like it was a lot of fun!! I love your cake too! :)

jack+alli said...

what a thoughtful hubby...happy birthday!

jack+alli said...

oh yeah, and your cards and invitaions are all really cute! i am into doing the same type of things...although i'm not sure if i'm as pro. as you!