Wednesday, January 30, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley

I've been debating on whether I should post or not. There have been several posts that I have seen all echoing the same thing. I came to the conclusion that I would always be disappointed in myself if I didn't say something.

It wasn't until today when I read this article from the quorum of the twelve apostles, that I realized how to express in words my gratitude for this wonderful prophet. I have had some very personal experiences testifying to me of his testimony regarding the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and for his unconditional love that he showed to everyone he came in contact with including those not of our faith. The apostles said so beautifully what I've been thinking since he passed away on Sunday and I echo that same statement:

"The Quorum of the Twelve Apostles unitedly expresses its heartfelt love and admiration for President Gordon B. Hinckley and the singular life of service he lived. He was our prophet, our leader, our brother and our friend. We feel a deep, personal loss at his passing.

"President Hinckley served as an apostle for more than 46 years, the last 13 of which were as the senior apostle during his time as prophet and president of the Church. From those earliest days to these most recent ones, he unfailingly demonstrated his devotion to the Lord Jesus Christ, whose witness he was at home and abroad.

"We will miss his wit and his wisdom, his leadership and his love. However, we cannot but rejoice in his reunion with his beloved Marjorie, with his parents and other family members who have gone before, and with the prophets of God, both ancient and modern, among whose eternal ranks he now stands. As the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles we echo the voice of the Master, ‘Well done, thou good and faithful servant. … Enter into the joy of thy Lord.'"

2 comments:

Adria said...

Where did you get that quote? I loved it!

Kristi F. said...

Thats such a good quote! It seems like forever since I have seen you! Your blog is so cute and I love all of the invitations that you do!